Friday, March 1, 2019

Project - 8 Digital Alternative Process


For this project I recreated processes of editing photos that are used but I did them digitally. I did them on Photoshop and I did Daguerreotypes, Cyanotypes, and Gum Bichromate. Daguerreotypes have a warm orange brown look to them. They look older because of the grain added. A picture is made on a silver surface sensitized with iodine and it developed by exposure to mercury vapor. Cyanotypes have a blue tint and they have the soft edges were I used brushes to fill the photo in on a white background. For the real process, you would mix chemicals and water and coat it on a material. Then you use a UV light to get the final product. Gum Bichromate was really fun to make. I did the same thing as Cyanotype but added different colors like warms and cools. You use different chemicals and layer different pictures over it. It has those soft edges and white background like Cyanotypes.



Daguerreotype 

Cyanotypes

Gum Bichromate



No comments:

Post a Comment